Sunday, October 11, 2009

10-6-2009 Glenn Canyon, Zion National Park Utah









Today I visited Zion National Park in Utah. On My way, I noticed signes for Glenn Canyon National Park. I decided to pay it a visit. This place is pretty sweet. It is made up of some large red rock formations followed by a gorge of water. I hiked around for an hour or so before heading to Zion. Zion park was pretty amazing, and I was very excited to get explore it. I did however have a problem. I was physically unable to walk. After my hike at the Grand Canyon, I had some serious knee pain. So, I had to drive around the park for a bit. The park is absolutely beautiful. You definitely have to hike it, so I will put this one on my short list of places to return to. I took the shuttle buss around for a tour as well. Later that night, I was determined to find a sporting goods shop that sold the kind of overnight camping rig that I needed. I was shocked to find out that after driving over an hour, there still were no shops that had what I needed. So I once again slept in a Walmart parking lot.
The next day I set out to find a way to get a camping pack that suited my needs. I also needed a day of R&R so I got a campsite at a local KOA. They had some pretty nice facilities and laundry services as well. I spent the whole day tying up some loose ends and looking for a pack. I actually found the same one that I used at the Grand Canyon online from an outdoors shop in Texas. I decided to have it shipped to an address in Moab Utah as I will be passing through there on my way to Arches National Park. It’s pretty tough not having an address where you can get things shipped to. After my day of R&R, I am pretty excited to head to my next destination, Capital Reef National Park Utah.



No comments:

Post a Comment